Firoz Shah Kotla
The palace complex was Delhi’s fifth city, erected by Feroze Shah Tughlak in 1354. Only the remains of the citadel, the Ashoka pillar, the remains of the Jama Masjid & a circular step well survive. The Ashoka Pillar is a monolith polished stone pillar 12.8 meters high and 17 tonnes in weight. It was from the Ashokan edicts on this pillar that James Prinsep deciphered the ancient Brahmi script, in 1837. A local guide is recommended to accompany for a visit.