This was the last of Delhi’s enclosed garden tombs. It was built in 1754 for Safdarjung, the powerful Prime Minister and also the Viceroy of Awadh, during the reign of Emperor Muhammad Shah. The monument is approached by an ornate gateway and stands in a charbagh, cut by water channels. Its red & buff sandstone face is extensively ornamented and the plaster stucco carving is well preserved. The central chamber is well lit and there is fine inlay work set into the flooring. Timings: 09:00 – 18:00 Hrs. Open all days.