St James Church
Built by Col. James Skinner, this church was consecrated in 1836. St. James is the oldest surviving church in Delhi. The church is of a Western Classical design with a Greek cross plan. Three of the arms of the cross have porticoes, while the eastern arm contains the altar. The central area of the church is covered by a dome which bears some resemblance to the dome of the Florence Cathedral. The church is normally kept closed except for services on Sunday, but can be opened on request.