This magnificent building, is situated opposite the Vidhana Soudha, was constructed in 1867 in Gothic Style. The offices of the eighteen departments of Revenue and General Secretariat grew to such a size during Tipu’s reign that it could not be contained in his palace.
So, he constructed a new building and named it Attara Kacheri (meaning eighteen offices or departments) in Hindustani. This two storey building is built in European classical style and is now known as the High Court building. This deep red building is a perfect blend to the white columned Vidhana