This Grand Mosque was built in 1656 by Emperor Shah Jahan, on a natural elevation, a short distance from the Red Fort. On its Eastern side a magnificent flight of steps leads to great arched entrance ways. Today this place is quite congested with a crowded bazaar at its steps. Three imposing black & white marble domes crown the enormous prayer hall and two slender minarets flank the sides. A local guide is recommended to accompany for a visit.