ECO-RATING FORM FOR SCHOOLS, A SELF HELP GREENING TOOL FOR SCHOOLS
1. Name of the school
2. Principal's Name
4. Telephone No.
5. Fax No.
6. Email Address
7. When did the school start
8. Private/Public school
9. No. of teachers in the school
10. No.of students in the school
11. Timings of the school
12. Average distance of homes of students from the school - Bus /Car/Scooter/cycle/walk/van
13. Does the school have play ground
14. Does the school have trees? How many?
15. Are there dustbins in the school? (May seem funny)
16. Are they being used? (may seem funny)
17. Number of toilets in the school (are they clean?)
18. Do the children use it? (have heard complaint from girls, they do not use toilets because of poor hygiene).
19. Does the school have a eco-club?
20. Does the school have lab?
21. Does the school give free education to under-privileged section?
22. Has the school adopted any underprivileged school in the city?
23. Does the school have computers? (How many?)
24. Do the students perform community service? If so, where, which area?
25. Is the school harvesting rain water?
26. Is it conserving water? If so, how?
27. Is the school teaching the students conservations/water harvesting?
28. Has the school installed any renewable energy product on a demo basis like solar photo-vaultaic light, solar thermal system, solar concentrators, miniature wind turbine, bio-gas plant?
29. Does the school have sapling bank?
30. Does the school segregate its waste?
31. Does the school have a no-crackers, no-plastic policy?
32. Does the school encourages students to use seniors old books?
33. Has the school asked the students not to cover the note books with plastic/ brown paper?
34. Does the school allow premises to be used by underprivileged section after school hours?
35. Has the school helped in establishing library in another school where there is no library?
36. Does the school educate the children on energy efficiency by practise : day lighting, switching off lights when not required.
37. Is the school teaching water efficiency to children
38. Does the school have a mission statement
39. Does the mission statement mention of eco-responsibility
40. Does the school encourage creativity in the school ?
41. Does the school have e-mail addresses for families
42. Are copy document kept on disk rather than paper ?
43. Does school lunches avoid throw away materials ?
44. Are products made from tropical would avoided.
45. Are long life products chosen over short life ?
46. Are material bought in are packs to avoid excess packaging ?
47. Are lights turned off when there is enough day light ?
48. Are bank of lights nearest the windows switched off as soon as day light is adequate ?
49. Does the school maintains regular meter readings (gas/electricity & oil)?
50. Is the water pressure adjusted to be enough without having excessive.
51. Dripping taps repaired quickly ?
52. Are the school grounds free from Herbicides and pesticides ?
53. Are there quiet shaded places to sit and talk ?
54. Does the school have bird boxes ?
55. Does the school have a bird feeding station ?
56. Has the school influenced 2/1 school in the city / other city respectively to introduce this concept ?