ITC Gardenia is Asia's First LEED® Platinum rated Green Hotel.
Some of the key features of the Responsible Luxury module followed by ITC Gardenia are:
Air Conditioning Comfort
ITC Gardenia has Green Chillers that provide air conditioning comfort with
lowest Electrical Energy Input 0.4 Kwhr/TR
- Variable primary Chilled water flow ensures optimum level of chilled water flow, thus saving 10% of electrical energy as compared to a conventional system
- The hotel has energy efficient cooling towers that consume less energy as compared to conventional cooling towers
- Co2 Sensors-based fresh air handling units operated by IBMSIntegrated Building Management System provide optimum comfort to guests while saving energy
- Smart Guest Digital Assist (GDA) – ensures customized room climate controls and ensures no wastage of energy
- Multi glazed windows – energy efficient glass ensures minimal sun light penetration, thus reducing air conditioning load
- All the air handling units are fitted with sophisticated pressure independent valves to control the chilled water flow, thus avoiding the wastage of energy
- Back of the house offices are provided with Variable air volume based air conditioning that leads to energy saving and better environment.
- Energy efficient boilers with automated operations and oxygen trimming consumes less Diesel to produce more steam.
- ITC Gardenia uses 100% waste heat recoverycondensate recovery system for hot water generation that ensures greater energy saving
- The hotel uses Solar Concentrators that produce steam to cook food in the cafeteria
Energy efficient lighting
- Energy efficient lighting such as LEDs & CFLs are used in all areas in the Hotel
- Computerised controls for light dimmers in the restaurants, which provide mood lighting while saving electrical energy
- The hotel has energy efficient periphery lighting
- Separate treatment for grey water and black water and reutilization of the same in flush water and in processes ensures reduction in water consumption
- Water flow restrictors in all the water taps
- Drip irrigation for entire landscaping
Zero Solid Waste
- Waste segregation at source
- Recycling of solid waste with Organic Waste ConvertersUsed to produce manure
With the all of the above initiatives, the unit saves approximately 40% of Fresh water consumption, thus creating less carbon foot printing.