Inspired by ITC Limited’s ethos for sustainable business development, ITC Hotels endeavors to redefine the fine art of Hospitality with Responsible Luxury.
Significant Responsible Luxury Milestones:
- First hotel chain in the world with all its eight Luxury properties LEED® Platinum certified.
- The first hotel in the world to be registered with United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) for improvement in energy demand in building sector as Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) project under the Kyoto protocol - ITC Sonar, Kolkata
- Largest self owned wind farms (29.5 MW) by any hotel chain in the world, for captive consumption – ITC Hotels, Bengaluru, WelcomHotel Rajputana, Jaipur, ITC Maratha, Mumbai and the all new integrated Luxury Hotel Complex in Chennai - ITC Grand Chola.
- The only hotel chain using the largest and first on-site Paraboloid solar concentrators; a first in the global hospitality industry.
- World’s largest Membrane Bio Reactor (MBR) installation in the hospitality industry for Ultra filtration of Waste water treatment
- World's first hotel with LEED® Platinum certification, under the Existing Building (EB) category - ITC Maurya, New Delhi.
- World's largest LEED® Platinum certified hotel in the New Construction (NC) category - ITC Grand Chola in Chennai
Responsible Luxury is indeed the soul of our Hotels. For the discerning guest, this means sleeping with a clear conscience, knowing that we have spent tireless hours to ensure a positive environmental footprint, and will continue to do so through constant innovation. And knowing that the best in Luxury can also create a better future for the planet - because this is 'Luxury' that 'Cares'.