ITC Gardenia is the first hotel in India and Asia have been awarded Platinum rating under LEED® NC (New Construction) program. Platinum rating is the highest category of certification preceded by Gold, Silver and Certified.
With ‘Well-being’ gaining global prominence and transcending every aspect of our lives, our guests (during meeting, conventions and social event) are looking to connect, converse and network over cocktails without having to manipulate large sizes of unwieldy and hard to manage snacks.
One Bite Wonders are unique, small tastings of ‘Caringly sourced; mindfully prepared’ snacks that underscore a well-being philosophy that endeavour to sustain innovative options to enable a distinct positioning for culinary offerings. With enhanced focus on banquets, ITC created offerings under the ‘One Bite Wonder’ initiative that enables the guests to ‘Meet with success’.
Our chefs have created a repertoire of re-imagined appetiser flights (small tastings) that exhibit eight concepts of presentation styles articulated as Redefined canapés, Impressive cones, Contemplated spoons, Indulgent glasses, Inspired wraps, Curated platters, Inventive tartlets and Flamboyant sticks.
‘Choose Wisely’ - In association with WWF
ITC Hotels is India’s first participant in WWF’s ‘Choose Wisely’ Programme -
a collaboration with the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, aimed at promoting informed choices on fish consumption, whilst leaving the decision making to the consumer
Globally, overfishing is perceived as one of the biggest threats to marine ecosystems. It is said that today over 80% of the world's fish stocks are either fully exploited, overexploited, depleted or recovering from depletion. Based on Responsible Luxury, “Choose Wisely” is a concept focused entirely on empowering and enabling our guests with the ‘luxury of choice’.
ITC Hotels is India's first participant in WWF's ‘Choose Wisely’ Programme - a collaboration with the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, aimed at promoting learned choices on fish consumption, whilst leaving the decision making to the consumer. To provide our guests with the ‘luxury of choice’, WWF has designed visual indicator(s), that have been applied to ITC’s restaurant menus to communicate relative fish scarcity in an easy-to-understand format that consumers may follow to make a responsible choice at the point of ordering.
Choose Wisely not only facilitates the luxury of choice to guests but also encourages our Chefs to create sustainable alternatives of marine produce and conceptualise innovative recipes.
INDOOR ENVIRONMENT QUALITY
Increased ventilation: hvac design achieves outdoor ventilation rates to all occupied spaces by at least 30% above ashrae 62.1-2004. All guest rooms have large quantity of treated outside air (65 cubic feet per minute)
INDOOR ENVIRONMENT QUALITY
• Increased ventilation: hvac design achieves outdoor ventilation rates to all occupied spaces by at least 30% above ashrae 62.1-2004. All guest rooms have large quantity of treated outside air (65 cubic feet per minute)
• Enhanced occupant thermal comfort.
• Mechanical means of elimination of rodents and use of eco-responsible pesticides.
Alert Meets is aimed at enabling guests with the luxury of making informed choices
from a signature menu that focuses on delicious, hearty & healthful, revitalising
gourmet preparations that use seasonal produce and the finest of ingredients.
Studies have shown the correlation between drowsiness and the overconsumption of specific food designed to generate energy in the body. To counter the spike of the surge that is created by breaking the food into glucose, insulin is released, which helps mop up the excess glucose in the blood to restore the blood sugar and bring it to its normal count. This increase causes the brain to produce more serotonin and melatonin - the two neurochemicals that induce drowsiness. Following this idea, the Alert Meets has prepared a carefully designed menu to keep its guests healthy and focused.
Alert Meets is aimed at enabling its guests the luxury of making informed choices, thereby improving the consistency of the M.I.C.E. experience at ITC hotels. The thoughtfully curated menu selection comprises of a range of deliciously varied organic food which focuses on delicious, hearty and healthful, revitalizing gourmet preparations that use seasonal produce and the finest of ingredients.
Designed to improve blood circulation and blood supply to the brain; key factors in avoiding a condition commonly referred to as ‘food coma’, or the lethargy and overwhelming urge to nap after a meal, ITC Hotels introduced ‘Alert Meets’, a menu selection that is masterfully prepared and locally sourced to keep guests mindful and focussed.
Highlights include: VitaSTIX: Skewers of Goodness, NutriJARS: MYO* Muesli & Granola, and India’s Super Food Showcase featuring Forgotten Grains Freshly Baked Morning Breads I Rolls I Cakes I Pastries Paired with jams & marmalades, Freshly squeezed in season fruit and vegetable juices that are abundant in antioxidants.
Separate treatment for Grey water and black water and reutilization of the same back in flush water and in processes ensures reduction in water consumption
• Separate treatment for Grey water and black water and reutilization of the same back in flush water and in processes ensures reduction in water consumption
• Water flow restrictors in all the water taps
• Water efficiency in air conditioning systems : 100% reduction in water consumption for AC make up.
• With the above all initiatives the unit saving approximately 40% of Fresh water consumption
SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS AND PURCHASING
LOW EMITTING MATERIALS: low voc levels in all adhesives, sealants, interior paints & coatings, carpet systems, composite wood & agrifiber products contain no added urea-formaldehyde resins
SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS AND PURCHASING
• LOW EMITTING MATERIALS: low voc levels in all adhesives, sealants, interior paints & coatings, carpet systems, composite wood & agrifiber products contain no added urea-formaldehyde resins
• Green house keeping chemicals that are green (eco) guard certified.
• REGIONAL MATERIALS: 20% of the materials used in the project were manufacutred regionally & 50% of the materials were extracted regionally.
• RAPIDLY RENEWABLE MATERIALS: 5% of the total building materials are made from plants that are typically harvested in ten-year cycle or shorter period.
• RECYLED CONTENT: materials used in the project contains 10%.
• CERTIFIED WOOD: 50% of wood based materials certified in accordance with forest stewardship council's principles & criteria were used for buidling components.
ŚūnyaAqua’is water bottled within each ITC Hotel, infused with indigenous ‘Good
for You’ herbs to enhance the wellness quotient of drinking water at ITC’s hotels.
‘ŚūnyAqua’ (pronounced Shunya (Zero) Aqua), a path-breaking initiative under the ‘Responsible Luxury’ umbrella includes water, infused with indigenous ‘good for you’ herbs. ŚūnyAqua tends to enhance the wellness quotient of drinking water at ITC’s hotels whilst ensuring a planet positive experience; with the sourcing and bottling taking place within the premises of each ITC luxury hotel.
The two variants on offer in this process include:
Tulsi (holy basil) and Fennel & Cinnamon blend.
• Tulsi or the Holy Basil, known as the ‘elixir of life’, is highly revered for its divine benefits to enhance memory, purify blood, control sugar level in the body and to help relieve stress.
• Fennel & Cinnamon, on the other hand, together exhibit antioxidant properties, that help deliver warm energy to the body, aiding in vascular health and brain function. This accompaniment for dinner is served in the evenings at all ITC Hotels’ speciality restaurants.
ŚūnyAqua, a zero-mile water crafted with a sophisticated in-house Water Purification System includes Ultra filtration through sand, carbon, iron and fluoride, Reverse Osmosis (RO System), Chemical Disinfection, Deionization and UV disinfection that removes the contaminants. The treated water passes through an Ozonator and subsequently a PH correction meter, to stabilize the PH where the infusion of the herb essence takes place and the final pure treated water is sealed after due quality check processes. Researched, perfected and curated with beneficial essential oils extracted from herbs, ITC Hotels’ R & D Chefs ensure that the wellness quotient of the water is enhanced for the betterment of the guests.
SUSTAINABLE SITE DEVELOPMENT
Green education to the staff, guests, media/visitor using newsletters, seminars, signages, brouchres, tours & websites.
SUSTAINABLE SITE DEVELOPMENT
• Waste segregation at source
• Recycling of solid waste with Organic Waste converter ( produces manure out of solid waste)
• Heat island effect ,Non roof: 100% of car parking provided in basement.
• Green education to the staff, guests, media/visitor using newsletters, seminars, signages, brouchres, tours & websites.
• Transplantation of matured / established trees prior to construction.
• Controllability of systems: 90% of the building occupants provided with individual lighting controls & 50% of the building occupants provided with thermal system controllability.
ITC Gardenia has the Ever Green Chillers ( 23XRV – Carrier) provides air conditioning comfort with lowest Electrical Energy Input ( 0.4 Kwhr/TR)
• ITC Gardenia has the Ever Green Chillers ( 23XRV – Carrier) provides air conditioning comfort with lowest Electrical Energy Input ( 0.4 Kwhr/TR)
• Variable primary Chilled water flow ensures optimum level of chilled water flow thus saving 10% of electrical energy when compared to a conventional system
• Energy efficient ARI certified cooling towers – consumes lowest energy when compared to conventional cooling towers
• Co2 Sensors – based fresh air handling units operated by IBMS leads to optimum comfort to guest while saving energy
• Incomm – Guest Digital Assistant – ensures customized room climate controls and ensures no waste of energy
• Double glazed windows – energy efficient glass ensures minimal sun light penetration thus reduction in air conditioning load
• All the air handling units are fitted with sophisticated pressure independent valves to control the chilled water flow thus avoiding the wastage of energy
• Back of the house offices are provided with Variable air volume based air conditioning leading to energy saving while providing environmental friendly work atmosphere
• Energy efficient boilers automated operations with O2 trimming consumes less Diesel to produce more steam
• 100 percentage wasted heat recovery ( condensate recoverysystem for hot water generation) ensures energy saving.
• Solar Concentrators produces steam to cook food in the cafeteria.
• Energy efficient lighting at the back of the house using Compact fluorescent lights, Energy efficient tube lights etc.
• Usage of LEDs, CFLs, in the guest rooms
• Computerised controls for light dimmers in the restaurant, while providing mood iighting saving the electrical energy
• Energy efficient periphery lighting
• Day light & Views: 79% of the space has minimum daylight factor of 2% and 90% of the regularly occupied space has direct line of site to perimeter glazing
• With the above initiatives unit is saving 40% of energy when compared to base data of "Energy Simulation study"
No.1 Residency Road, Bengaluru - 560 025, India