ITC Kakatiya, Hyderabad is one of the first few hotels in South India to have been awarded Platinum rating under LEED® EB (Existing Building) program. Platinum rating is the highest category of certification preceded by Gold, Silver and Certified.
Alert Meets is aimed at enabling guests with the luxury of making informed choices
from a signature menu that focuses on delicious, hearty & healthful, revitalising
gourmet preparations that use seasonal produce and the finest of ingredients.
Studies have shown the correlation between drowsiness and the overconsumption of specific food designed to generate energy in the body. To counter the spike of the surge that is created by breaking the food into glucose, insulin is released, which helps mop up the excess glucose in the blood to restore the blood sugar and bring it to its normal count. This increase causes the brain to produce more serotonin and melatonin - the two neurochemicals that induce drowsiness. Following this idea, the Alert Meets has prepared a carefully designed menu to keep its guests healthy and focused.
Alert Meets is aimed at enabling its guests the luxury of making informed choices, thereby improving the consistency of the M.I.C.E. experience at ITC hotels. The thoughtfully curated menu selection comprises of a range of deliciously varied organic food which focuses on delicious, hearty and healthful, revitalizing gourmet preparations that use seasonal produce and the finest of ingredients.
Designed to improve blood circulation and blood supply to the brain; key factors in avoiding a condition commonly referred to as ‘food coma’, or the lethargy and overwhelming urge to nap after a meal, ITC Hotels introduced ‘Alert Meets’, a menu selection that is masterfully prepared and locally sourced to keep guests mindful and focussed.
Highlights include: VitaSTIX: Skewers of Goodness, NutriJARS: MYO* Muesli & Granola, and India’s Super Food Showcase featuring Forgotten Grains Freshly Baked Morning Breads I Rolls I Cakes I Pastries Paired with jams & marmalades, Freshly squeezed in season fruit and vegetable juices that are abundant in antioxidants.
‘Choose Wisely’ - In association with WWF
ITC Hotels is India’s first participant in WWF’s ‘Choose Wisely’ Programme -
a collaboration with the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, aimed at promoting informed choices on fish consumption, whilst leaving the decision making to the consumer
Globally, overfishing is perceived as one of the biggest threats to marine ecosystems. It is said that today over 80% of the world's fish stocks are either fully exploited, overexploited, depleted or recovering from depletion. Based on Responsible Luxury, “Choose Wisely” is a concept focused entirely on empowering and enabling our guests with the ‘luxury of choice’.
ITC Hotels is India's first participant in WWF's ‘Choose Wisely’ Programme - a collaboration with the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, aimed at promoting learned choices on fish consumption, whilst leaving the decision making to the consumer. To provide our guests with the ‘luxury of choice’, WWF has designed visual indicator(s), that have been applied to ITC’s restaurant menus to communicate relative fish scarcity in an easy-to-understand format that consumers may follow to make a responsible choice at the point of ordering.
Choose Wisely not only facilitates the luxury of choice to guests but also encourages our Chefs to create sustainable alternatives of marine produce and conceptualise innovative recipes.
INDOOR ENVIRONMENT QUALITY
Increased treated fresh air infusion for higher human productivity and better health.
• Increased treated fresh air infusion for higher human productivity and better health.
• Enhanced occupant thermal comfort.
• Controllability of lighting systems maintained at 90% of the multi-occupant spaces and atleast 90% of individual workstations.
• Atleast 70% of all regularly occupied areas have access to views of the outside environment.
• Green Seal certified Housekeeping chemicals and equipment.
One Bite Wonder
One Bite Wonders are unique, small tastings of ‘Caringly sourced; mindfully prepared’
snacks that underscore a wellbeing philosophy.
With ‘Well-being’ gaining global prominence and transcending every aspect of our lives, our guests (during meeting, conventions and social event) are looking to connect, converse and network over cocktails without having to manipulate large sizes of unwieldy and hard to manage snacks.
One Bite Wonders are unique, small tastings of ‘Caringly sourced; mindfully prepared’ snacks that underscore a well-being philosophy that endeavour to sustain innovative options to enable a distinct positioning for culinary offerings. With enhanced focus on banquets, ITC created offerings under the ‘One Bite Wonder’ initiative that enables the guests to ‘Meet with success’.
Our chefs have created a repertoire of re-imagined appetiser flights (small tastings) that exhibit eight concepts of presentation styles articulated as Redefined canapés, Impressive cones, Contemplated spoons, Indulgent glasses, Inspired wraps, Curated platters, Inventive tartlets and Flamboyant sticks.
Only treated recycled water is used for landscape, cooling tower and miscellaneous cleaning resulting in further reduction of water consumption.
• Sensor operated urinals, water faucets with aerators/flow restrictors and dual flush Water Closets have reduced the water consumption by 50.5% against USGBC standards.
• Only treated recycled water is used for landscape, cooling tower and miscellaneous cleaning resulting in further reduction of water consumption.
• Treated recycled water is used for flushing through a dual flush system at the hotel.
• Reduced water demand in Cooling Tower through automation.
SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS AND PURCHASING
100% of the total ongoing and durable solid waste is either reused or recycled through Recycling programs.
• Atleast 75% of ongoing consumables used at ITC Kakatiya are either local or recycled. Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) paints and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified wood is used for refurbishments and renovations.
• 39% of the food and beverage used is harvested and processed locally within 160 kilometers of the hotel.
• Usage of LED lamps that are energy efficient and no mercury content.
• 100% of the total ongoing and durable solid waste is either reused or recycled through Recycling programs.
ŚūnyaAqua’is water bottled within each ITC Hotel, infused with indigenous ‘Good
for You’ herbs to enhance the wellness quotient of drinking water at ITC’s hotels.
‘ŚūnyAqua’ (pronounced Shunya (Zero) Aqua), a path-breaking initiative under the ‘Responsible Luxury’ umbrella includes water, infused with indigenous ‘good for you’ herbs. ŚūnyAqua tends to enhance the wellness quotient of drinking water at ITC’s hotels whilst ensuring a planet positive experience; with the sourcing and bottling taking place within the premises of each ITC luxury hotel.
The two variants on offer in this process include:
Tulsi (holy basil) and Fennel & Cinnamon blend.
• Tulsi or the Holy Basil, known as the ‘elixir of life’, is highly revered for its divine benefits to enhance memory, purify blood, control sugar level in the body and to help relieve stress.
• Fennel & Cinnamon, on the other hand, together exhibit antioxidant properties, that help deliver warm energy to the body, aiding in vascular health and brain function. This accompaniment for dinner is served in the evenings at all ITC Hotels’ speciality restaurants.
ŚūnyAqua, a zero-mile water crafted with a sophisticated in-house Water Purification System includes Ultra filtration through sand, carbon, iron and fluoride, Reverse Osmosis (RO System), Chemical Disinfection, Deionization and UV disinfection that removes the contaminants. The treated water passes through an Ozonator and subsequently a PH correction meter, to stabilize the PH where the infusion of the herb essence takes place and the final pure treated water is sealed after due quality check processes. Researched, perfected and curated with beneficial essential oils extracted from herbs, ITC Hotels’ R & D Chefs ensure that the wellness quotient of the water is enhanced for the betterment of the guests.
SUSTAINABLE SITE DEVELOPMENT
The hotel’s rain water mitigating capacity is 32% of the peak rainfall supported by landscape area and injection wells. This helps in reducing water demand and run-off.
• 89% of associates travel by either public transport or use pooled vehicles.
• The hotel’s rain water mitigating capacity is 32% of the peak rainfall supported by landscape area and injection wells. This helps in reducing water demand and run-off.
• Steps have been taken to protect the ecological stability of the immediate surroundings and landscape.
• The building consciously promotes cultivation of native plants (covering more than 29% of building area).
• Atleast 60% of total roof area is covered with a combination of high Solar Reflective Index paint and vegetated roof area, thereby reducing the cooling demand.
• Exterior hardscape is maintained using green cleaning chemicals.
• Automatic lighting controls have been installed to time off the non emergency ighting during after business hours.
ITC Kakatiya uses 28% less energy than USGBC’s national average for large size Luxury Hotels.
• ITC Kakatiya uses 28% less energy than USGBC’s national average for large size Luxury Hotels.
• Usage of non-ozone depleting gases for refrigeration.
• Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system, Thermal system, Water management system and Building ManagementSystem underwent retrocommissioning to enhance performance efficiencies.
Telangana - 500016, India